His first published novel, If Angels Fall, introduced San Francisco Star crime reporter, Tom Reed, and Homicide Inspector Walt Sydowski. It was a Best First Novel finalist for an Arthur Ellis Award from the Crime Writers of Canada. Other series include a trilogy featuring Seattle rookie crime reporter Jason Wade and a new series centered on crime reporter Jack Gannon, with the latest installment, The Burning Edge, coming to stores near you on December 27th.
Rick's holiday recommendation for Bookmas has a touch of noir:
If you want a chill, look for Black Christmas,
the original 1974 horror film. The story concerns college students
stalked by a psycho killer at Christmas. A cut above the usual stuff –
very chilling. But to end on an upbeat note, I invite everyone to check
out this homemade, yes homemade video (with Sean Quigley playing "Little Drummer Boy"). If you have 4 minutes give it a listen, it's quite beautiful.
As for my favorite charity, I invite everyone to contribute to their local Salvation Army and Red Cross. During my time as a reporter, I saw both in action and I invite you to support them.
Best of the season,
Rick Mofina


No comments:
Post a Comment