In addition to standalones, Laurie has two different series, one with Kate Martinelli of the San Francisco Police Department and the other with Mary Russell who becomes an apprentice, then partner and husband of Sherlock Holmes in early 20th century England. Laurie's latest release is the eleventh Mary Russell novel, titled Pirate King, which takes readers into the frenetic world of silent films.
Laurie's holiday offering is a fun anecdote from her many travels:
One of the more interesting Christmases I've had was in India, when I walked into my Delhi hotel to find that Santa had arrived. Being a native to the northern hemisphere, I'd never thought of this equinoctial holiday in the tropics, but here it was, taking over the pseudo-Moghul lobby: fake snow, decorated plastic tree, gaudy wrapping, and a stuffed peacock in the place of a reindeer.
The charity I linked with this year for Pirate King is the 826 project, that helps kids learn to write. Why do I like them? Just look at their San Francisco store. You an visit the organization's main site via this link.
Cheers!
Laurie


No comments:
Post a Comment