Sunday, February 14, 2010

How Do I Love Thee? Mystery Authors Count the Ways

"We loved with a love that was more than love." - Edgar Allan Poe

"But surely for everything you have to love you have to pay some price." - Agatha Christie

"I deserve all the love you can spare me. And I want a lot more than I deserve." - Dashiell Hammett

"I loved this woman the way you love … well, nothing. You can’t compare that kind of love to anything, can you? It’s its own unique gift." - Dennis Lehane (Shutter Island)

"Perhaps it's only when people are dead that we can safely show how much we cared about them. We know that it's too late then for them to do anything about it." - P.D. James

"Any man who can write a page of living prose adds something to our life, and the man who can, as I can, is surely the last to resent someone who can do it even better. An artist cannot deny art, nor would he want to. A lover cannot deny love." - Raymond Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment