Thursday, May 12, 2011

‘Zine Scene, Part Deux

I realize I neglected to include one very important publication in yesterday's post about recent mystery-related magazines, namely, the always-wonderful Mystery Readers Journal. The London Mysteries Part I edition is out, with Part II due in early July. The two online features include "Masquerading in Secret London" by Texas-accented Deborah Crombie (Superintendent Duncan Kincaid/Inspector Gemma James series) and "The Most Peculiar Detectives" by Christopher Fowler (the Bryant & May series).

The print edition includes columns on "The Devil's Home on Leave: Derek Raymond's Factory Series" by Dan Fleming, "The Law in London" by Jim Doherty, and more, with essays aplenty by Carola Dunn, Martin Edwards, Charles Todd, Jacqueline Winspear and other excellent authors. You can purchase a hard copy or a downloadable PDF. 

Editor Janet Rudolph is always looking for interested writers and novelists who want to contribute essays and articles for upcoming issues, which include "Animal Mysteries" due August 1st and "Shrinks (and other mental health professionals)" due November 1st. Check the guidelines page for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment